Is Living in Los Angeles a Terrible Idea?

Living in Los Angeles can be difficult for some people to get used to due to its culture and size. Here are 15 reasons why living in Los Angeles will ruin you for life.

Is Living in Los Angeles a Terrible Idea?

Moving to Los Angeles is a decision that many make for the sunny and warm weather that other places can't provide. But just because you've decided to go west doesn't mean it's going to be easy, with the culture, people and size of L. A. something that can be difficult for some people to get used to.

For that reason, here are 15 reasons why living in Los Angeles will ruin you for life, whether good or bad.One of the most unique things about living in Los Angeles is that people don't usually say the real part of the city they live in, but they just give the area code. When you hear that someone is from 714, you can assume it comes from money. When they say there's a party at 818, you know it's too far away and it won't appear. Unfortunately, no one else in the country does this, so expect more than a few blank stares if you can't quit.But let's face it, today it's a dilapidated city.

Of course, it's not a pretty place, since most streets need repair. Is Downtown LA safe? There are few places like fourth and sixth streets that are quite safe, but overall, you have a 1 in 29 chance of being the victim of a crime in downtown Los Angeles. Previously in South Central, Los Angeles, this neighborhood of 248,666 people suffers from the plight of drug trafficking, gangs and gang activity. This is mainly the source of violence in this neighborhood.

Police are seen conducting frequent rounds of patrols, which has led to a decrease in crime compared to the 1990s.Nightlife in this 40,795-person neighborhood isn't that dangerous, so solo visitors can get around. Crime rates are 49% higher than the national average, but year after year, crime is seen to decline by 1%. This neighborhood is located south of Hollywood and west of downtown. With a population of 72,523, 50-75% are Korean.Visitors to this neighborhood confirm that Koreatown has the most nightclubs and restaurants in all of Southern California.

A small neighborhood of 2,466 people with a livability score considered poor. Crime rates are 33% higher than the Los Angeles average, but 68% higher than the national average. This neighborhood isn't particularly safe during the day, as there is a diverse mix of people and multiple businesses that invite crowds.However, walking, cycling or using public transportation isn't dangerous but there is a fear of pickpockets leaving your wallets and cash at high risk. In the Fashion District you have a 1 in 24 chance of being the victim of a crime.

This neighborhood has a visible presence of students and young professionals due to its proximity to UCLA. Crimes are very rare almost non-existent except for property crimes.Each of the 1,685 residents of this community has a 1 in 64 chance of being the victim of a crime. Interestingly Westwood is safer than 50% of U. S cities.

A large 197,895 neighborhood with very few attractions there is a good selection of restaurants and shopping centers.The crime rate is 43% lower than the California average and this neighborhood has a livability score considered excellent. This neighborhood is located in West Los Angeles where the cost of living is 25% higher than the LA average. It is generally a safe neighborhood with a 1 in 58% chance of being a victim of crime per resident. Violent crime is 17% lower than the national average and year after year crimes fell by 1%.

Leave Reply

All fileds with * are required